Login or Create an Account
2018 APhA-APPM Contributed Papers Program- Poster Judge Application
Create a New Account
The timeline and requirements for Poster Judging are outlined below. If your Annual Meeting schedule permits and you would like to be considerered as a Poster Judge, please complete the this online form.
- Must be an APhA Member
- Must have been presented a poster and/or been published
- Student pharmacists are not eligible to serve as Poster Judges
- Must be attend the APhA Annual Meeting & Exposition and be available between 9:00 am and 2:00 pm to complete your evaluation forms.
- Must participate or view a recording of poster judging orientation webinar (date/time and instructions to be sent at a later date)
APPM Presentation Merit Awards:
8 posters will receive Presentation Merit Awards:
- 2 posters in each of the following categories: APhA-APPM Contributed Research Paper, APhA-APPM Innovative Practice Report, and the subcategory Pharmacy Resident
- 1 poster in each of the following categories: APhA-ASP Contributed Research Paper and APhA-ASP Innovative Practice Report
Criteria for Poster Evaluation:
Each poster will be judged on three categories:
- Poster Design
- Research Methods or Innovative Practice Description (for the Innovative Practice Posters)
- Project Impact
A scale of 0-2 will be used as follows:
- 0 – Major deficiencies, element is missing, poorly explained or presented (Comments must be provided)
- 1 – Element is satisfactory
- 2 – Element is excellent, unique, or outstanding
On-site Logistics for Poster Judges:
- Pre-assigned and alternate judges are required to complete a virtual poster judging orientation session prior to the start of the APhA Annual Meeting. (Orientation details sent via email to judges.) Please note: No on-site orientation session will be offered during the APhA Annual Meeting.
- All pre-assigned and alternate judges must activate their accounts in the online poster judging system by Friday, February 23rd at 5pm ET. At 9:00 am ET on Monday, February 26th, APhA staff will reassign posters to alternate judges if the pre-assigned judge has not logged into the online system to activate their account.
- Pre-assigned judges must review the authors/affiliations of their assigned posters and recuse themselves from judging those posters where a conflict of interest exists by no later than Friday, February 23rd at 5pm ET. The recusal process is described in the online poster judging orientation.
- Pre-assigned judges will evaluate assigned posters between 9:00 am - 2:00 pm on Saturday, March 17th in the Nasville Convention Center Exhibit Hall. Poster judging will be conducted electronically, so judges must bring an electronic device (e.g. phone, iPad, tablet) with a cellular data connection to the Exhibit Hall. Please note: Wireless internet is not available in the Exhibit Hall.
- Posters to be judged will be displayed in the Nashville Convention Center Exhibit Hall by 8:30 am, Saturday, March 17th. If a poster is not on display during the assigned judging time, the judge should give the poster a “0” in all categories. Judges are not required to return at a later time to check if the poster is hung and then evaluate the poster. All authors have been notified that if their poster is not on display by 8:30 am, the poster will be eliminated from the competition. No exceptions.
- All scores must be submitted electronically by 2:00 pm on Saturday, March 17th. This is an absolute deadline to allow adequate time for APhA Staff to tally scores and allow alternate judges to review any final posters that have not been scored.
For any questions or concerns relating to poster judging, please contact:
- Staff Contact: Monica Ostrander, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include first and last name, question or concern, and return phone number in all correspondences.
Please note: If you would like to volunteer and be considered as a Poster Judge for APhA-APRS, please do not complete this form. Please contact APhA Staff, Monica Ostrander at email@example.com.